The author blog of C. J. Ivory

Tinkerer with words. Dresser-Upper. Adorer of Steampunk and VictoriaNoir fiction. Occasional Lawgineer.

April 9, 2011

Free Books from Amazon.com - Just What the Doctor Ordered

Budget blues getting to you? Recession biting a bit too hard? I reckon you deserve something for free - because, just between you and me, I think you're lovely.

Allow me, then, introduce you to Breadline Books. The wonderful folks at Breadline are giving away free books and e-books from Amazon.com.

First, let me add the caveat that I have nothing at all to do with Breadline Books - I just found it through a writer's forum I belong to. Having said that, they seem to be a legitimate and benevolent bunch, who just want to connect people with books. 

I've investigated a bit (and talked to the website owner), and this is what I've gathered:

  1. Each month the website gives away three books from Amazon.com
  2. People who want a book must put their name down in "the breadline" by emailing the web master.
  3. The first two people in the line get a free book from Amazon.com of their choosing
  4. A third person will be chosen at random from the list of people waiting in the breadline.
  5. According to the website, books are shipped directly to you from Amazon.com - which will be reassuring for those of you concerned about getting "odd" parcels from unknown sources.
  6. The breadline is re-opened each month, so to join the breadline in the next month, you need to email anew.
 
Conditions:
The book should be no more than $10 US, and books deemed "dodgy" might not be supplied. Note that non-US residents (those that don't have a physical mailing address in the US) may join the breadline, but their prize will be an e-book of their choosing, not a physical book.

For more info, and to enter, visit the Breadline Books website: http://breadlinebooks.blogspot.com/  Good luck, and good reading!

4 comments:

Breadline Books said...

Thanks for the shout out! We are always in need of more breadliners. :) Everything looks correct here, and by the way, great blog. I'll be reading!

Becca Puglisi said...

This is so awesome. There should be more free books in the world, in my opinion ;). I'll be checking this out. Thanks, Charlotte!

Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

Charlotte Jane Ivory said...

You said it, Becca! Good luck with getting a free book :)

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really something which I think I'd
never understand. It seems too complex and very wide for me.

I am looking forward in your next put up, I'll attempt to get the hang
of it!

My web page :: baby car seat reviews 2014