Budget blues getting to you? Recession biting a bit too hard? I reckon you deserve something for free - because, just between you and me, I think you're lovely.
Allow me, then, introduce you to Breadline Books. The wonderful folks at Breadline are giving away free books and e-books from Amazon.com.
First, let me add the caveat that I have nothing at all to do with Breadline Books - I just found it through a writer's forum I belong to. Having said that, they seem to be a legitimate and benevolent bunch, who just want to connect people with books.
I've investigated a bit (and talked to the website owner), and this is what I've gathered:
- Each month the website gives away three books from Amazon.com
- People who want a book must put their name down in "the breadline" by emailing the web master.
- The first two people in the line get a free book from Amazon.com of their choosing
- A third person will be chosen at random from the list of people waiting in the breadline.
- According to the website, books are shipped directly to you from Amazon.com - which will be reassuring for those of you concerned about getting "odd" parcels from unknown sources.
- The breadline is re-opened each month, so to join the breadline in the next month, you need to email anew.
The book should be no more than $10 US, and books deemed "dodgy" might not be supplied. Note that non-US residents (those that don't have a physical mailing address in the US) may join the breadline, but their prize will be an e-book of their choosing, not a physical book.
For more info, and to enter, visit the Breadline Books website: http://breadlinebooks.blogspot.com/ Good luck, and good reading!