The author blog of C. J. Ivory

Tinkerer with words. Dresser-Upper. Adorer of Steampunk and VictoriaNoir fiction. Occasional Lawgineer.

May 2, 2011

It's All About Me(me)

I was twitter-tagged for this meme by the lovely Dana from The Daily Dose. What, you didn't know I had a twitter feed, until I happened to drop it into conversation? Well, I absolutely do! You can follow me by clicking on that buttony thing down the right-hand side. And while you're at it, why not follow Dana too? (she's @raineerose)

If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be? 
My first reaction to this is that going back in time is so, like, yesterday. Heh. 
Since I am a combined control freak and perfectionist, I really don't think I've yet experienced a day quite perfect enough to re-live! I've come back to this question four times and still can't think of a single thing. Well, at least you can't accuse me of living in the past :)  
I might go back to the 80s and rewatch Back To The Future. That movie ruled.

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Oh, this is easier. I'd go back to when I was nineteen years old, and quit the debilitatingly awful job I had. My manager was the most unkind boss imaginable, and she bullied her staff mercilessly. (Having said that, the experience taught me a lot about setting boundaries with workplace bullies, so perhaps it was worth it.)

What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?
Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. I'm kind of a doofus, as well as being a bemused, left-leaning feminist. Also, I'm torn between "being a career woman" and some indefinable need for a simpler, old-fashioned life. (I also make up my own swears, some of which have caught on.)
...and I eat way too many carbs

If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." ~ Mark Twain
In other words, I don't think I could ever kill anyone (other than within my novels, where my bodycounts make me a regular Jack the Ripper). However, when I read in the newspapers about a particularly horrific child or animal cruelty story, I guess I come pretty close to being capable of murder.

Name one habit you want to change in yourself.
One? Just ONE? Oh maaaaannnn.... OK, I would stop stressing about every little thing. Not sweating the small stuff. That's my Holy Grail, baby :)

Describe yourself in one word.
Thinkerbell (it doesn't have to be a real word, does it? Thinkerbell is what my husband calls me, on account of my habit of drifting away with the fairies several times an hour)

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.
Dynamic

Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.
Because I love the community of author (and other) bloggers; the way they interact and support each other - and the way they make me laugh.

Name at least 3 people to send this meme to, and then inform them.
@shanonaryder
@TrishaWF
@Safficscribe

3 comments:

Dana said...

Loved reading this! I really identify with your answer to the habit question. Stressing out about everything -- that's one of my bad habits too...

Deb said...

I like your answer to the question of why you blog. I started with one entirely different purpose in mind, but have come to love the supportiveness of all these people whose electronic expressions of self have come to be intertwined with mine. Or vice versa ;)

Trisha said...

This shows how crappy I am at Twitter...I only just saw this now. LOL.